Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Band of Brothers

This is it! It's going to happen. I am going to grow up.

It is time to be a man. An extraordinary man.

I'm going to be a man of Character; a man of integrity; a Leader; a man of Influence; a man of God. To do this, I am going to hone my leadership skills. I'm going to invest in people. Most of all, I'm going to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.

You hear that God? Like it or not (I know you do), You and I are going to be close!

I want this, I really really do. I do easily become distracted, and I often let it feel like work. It shouldn't be that way though. In my head and heart I know it to be true, but I'm easily swayed by what this world has to offer.

Thanks Josh, and Mark, for your excitement, and encouragement. I hope you're both in this with me. You see, I need Brothers. I need those men who desire the same exact thing. I need those men who I can look foolish in front of, and be vulnerable with. Those to whom I can expose my weaknesses, and those who will sharpen me. It's time to get real, and I'm seeking those men.

Here's a calling to my Band of Brothers!

This is REAL and this is happening. It's time to get off my rear and live life the way God intended for me to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome D!! I love it when a brother is on fire!

Lolly Caruana said...

I love it, too, Dave! It reminds me of Acts 4:13..."when they saw the boldness of Peter and John...and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled. They recognized that they had been with Jesus." Here's to others recognizing you as having been with Yeshua.

Anonymous said...

okay. I am ready to look foolish in front of each other!