Friday, December 5, 2008

Amazing connections, and a Truely amazing testimony

I will talk about Wii Fit eventually, I promise! However, I do have a far more interesting thing to talk about today... or rather to share (I won't personally talk too much about it)

I listen to Shawn McDonald fairly regularly. He's on the shuffle on my iPod Touch, and I enjoy his music. Specifically, I have his album Shawn McDonald: Live in Seattle, and in true spirit to the fun we had in Indy, on that famous Starbucks night that is Lolly's birthday; one of my favorite songs on the album is "Take My Hand". It's an awesome (and fun) song, but that's not the whole reason I like it.

You see, on this particular CD, there is a guest singer: Cara Flory. She sings in a couple of songs, and has a fairly small backup part in this one. Something about her voice is spectacularly haunting and I just love it. It's that simple... her voice resonates (pun intended) with me.

Anyway, so today I did a google search of her, trying to learn more about her. Is she a legit professional, or just a friend of Shawn's? Does she have her own music? What I found is a very very very very simple website with her picture titled Singer/Songwriter... not much else besides and email contact. Other than that there are very few other sites that come up with her name: most about a gentleman photographer named Joel Flory who is married to a Cara Flory. Now, I know that Shawn was once roommates with Cara's husband before Cara married him (Shawn talks about it breifly on the Live CD), but Shawn never mentions Cara's hunsband's name. Being interested, I followed the Google path, and it turns out that Joel is in-fact married to THE Cara Flory I'm curious about, and I happened to find his (and her's apparently) blog!

So fun! I found her blog! But, I was still skeptical that I was at the right place, so just to "make sure" it was really her, I did a search on their blog for Shawn McDonald (figuring that he would be mentioned somewhere). I didn't get any results.

However, on the left navbar is a link to another blog by a Kate McDonald. "Could that really be a connection?", I thought. There was, naturally, no way for me to not follow that link. I'd be crazy to end my journey here!

So, I followed it. And as you've already guessed, Kate is married to Shawn, and it is in-fact her blog.

Well, those of you with your own blogs, that know me well, also are aware that I'm a Blog-Stalker (n. one who regularly visits someone else's blog without ever letting their presence be known) - [I think that's a pretty good way to define it]. So, in true blog-stalking form, I read her initial post from today.

I was moved. I'm an emotional guy anyway, but really, I was totally blessed and moved. I mean, TOTALLY. So, I'm not gonna say much more about it: you just need to read it for yourself. Note, that it is very long, so if you don't have the time to fully read it right now, uninterrupted; come back later. But DO read it at some point.

I feel that God lead me to that page TODAY, for an important reason... not just to bless me, but to bless one or more of YOU. So, I'm passing it along.

Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck? You missed a day! Where is your blog from the 6th?

Lolly Caruana said...

ur right. that blog post was crazy-long, and u know long! but i got thru it and it was worth the time. very cool. just wondered what mom has time to write a blog of that length. thanks for sharing. love u.