Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pink David - The Wall



My wall is done. Sure, it took me 7 months to complete, and sure, I still need to do "touch-ups", and yeah, I still want to put a wrought-iron fence on it... but it is basically finished! The structure is done, and it is a completed "phase 1".


I have a lot of shout-outs to do.

First and fore-most, thanks to Kirk. It was a lot of fun doing this project with you. I've learn a lot, and enjoyed it along the way. Thanks for suggesting that we take this project on; motivating me when I wasn't feeling like working on it; and being an easy individual to work along-side.

Thanks to my dad for helping with the veneer, and for doing all the electrical stuff. You saved us a bunch of time, and it turned out great! Plus, your travertine tile idea for use as the background for the lighting fixtures was a perfect idea.

Thanks to David Arellano, Tyler Collier and Mark Fitzpatrick for lending your hands (and your wheel-barrow, Mark) to speed things along, and keep me company when I was working on my own.

Thanks to Tony for the use of your tools (and your dad's), and for spending your vacation weekend working on the wall. The block wall looked flawless, and good enough to leave uncovered!

Thanks to Kirk's coworker/boss, Josh, for the use of his tools. They saved me a ton of money from having to rent the tools.

Finally, thanks to Wendy and Julie. Your encouragement was needed, the water and meals appreciated, and Julie... giving up your husband weekend after weekend was awesome.

I'm totally impressed with myself and Kirk. The work was long, and tedious, but I have to pat myself on the back and acknowledge that it looks awesome and professional. The 7 months are worth it given that I don't regret any of our decisions.

Now, to enjoy it!!!!!! :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best looking radius I have EVER seen!

Anonymous said...

Hey - what does Pink David mean?

Noblekain said...

I bet you Mark would get it. Maybe girls just don't? Maybe I'm too clever for my own good? :-P

It was a play on Pink Floyd, the Wall.

Wendy said...

I did not get it either until I asked David. Sorry babe!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes - I always get Pinl Floyd references...come on David.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks good. I cant wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

david! it looks so great. congrats! i cant wait to see it tomrrow : )

Anonymous said...

so this is sad. 1. i have yet to see your patio in real life. 2. i just found your blog and 3. i don't have enough time to read all the blogs. this is not sad because now i will get to read all of your random and interesting thought/actions and what nots! yeay!!