Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fun Night with the Fitz Kids

Tent #1

So, Ben, Addie, and I played last night. It was super fun, and they were great kids all evening. We started the night by building a very large tent. The kids helped, though admittedly they tore down more than they built, but we finally got it finished, and we played for awhile, with Ben chasing "bad guys" in it with his "laser ring".

 

Tent #2

After we finished with that tent, we tore it down, and built another massive tent. The 2nd one was crazy huge. We played in it again. At one point I got my big hips stuck in the door, and was subsequently tackled, attacked, and jumped on while trying to free myself. Ah, good times.

Fear not though... I did finally make it through the door, and I must say, it was a damn fine tent. I didn't get it on video, but Ben did tell me I'm the "bestest tent builder, EVER!". Just take my word for it. It did happen.

 

Reading is Good

We finally settled down in the tent, (it was a 3 room, multi-path tent, and each room was big enough for me to fully lay down and stretch out in with the kids), and I asked the kids if they wanted to read books in the tent. It turned out to be a major hit, with both of them jumping up and running out of the tent to get books (it was now a 2 room tent, but still perfect and awesome).

They returned with quite a handful of books, and for the next 45min. we sat in the tent reading with Addie either laying on my arm with "Stinky-D", or crawling all over me trying to get comfortable (at least that's what I think she was trying to do). Ben listened while intermittently finding "new cool spots" in the tent to sit in while I read.

After reading I put Addie to bed, and Ben helped me clean up so Sarah would be happy when she came home. Once we had cleaned, Ben and I sat on the couch and watched a DVD together on the laptop, and then played games on PBS and Bob-the-Builder websites.

All in all, it was a fun evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - i bet you are now their favorite babysitter of all time.

Noblekain said...

Did you ever have any doubt about that? ;-P

Anonymous said...

OH man, you're the best! Thanks for being so fantastic with them. My mom had an awful night with them last night... maybe you should've stayed home from the Anita G party and watched them for us. :-) Really though, they love you, and we love you. So much love!!

Anonymous said...

Those videos are so great! Whoa, that last tent was massive. How can anyone compete? You're awesome!